1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer randomly shuts down help plz!! please!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Turbo, Dec 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turbo

Turbo Thread Starter

if anyone, ANYONE! can help me, it will be VERY much appreciated.

System: 1.1g AMD Athlon,MSI k7t133 pro a, a gforce2 4\mx 400, 512mb ram, OS XP

As a gamer at heart I like my games to run...all the time.
    I've had this problem which is on and off but very disturbing,
    at times (varies per game) my joy bringing computer
    .......JUST SHUTS DOWN:eek: , not even off. it seems as if its in suspend mode, everything is on HD light is perm on but reading no info. Screen goes off.... uhh hell 4 a gamer.

I've tried everything... updated detonator drivers, all the new Via drivers, even bios update.

I thought it may be my powersupply but only in games does this happen ARG!!. Also power supply is reading normal voltages when tested.

I even placed additional fans in the box and replaced my fan on chip for a more powerful one, thinking it may be overheating. PLEASE GOD HELP ME I'm GOING CRAZY.

So to anyone who may recognize the problem... I LOVE YOU.

thanks
    Turbo:eek:

2. brianF

brianF

3. Turbo

Turbo Thread Starter

The info on the sites and links thereafter helped a great deal.
    Thank you so much !!
    Turbo

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60981

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice