1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer re-starts continuously

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by pmaz70, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pmaz70

pmaz70 Thread Starter

Hi I have a gatewy i purchsaed in 2002. I was trying to install windows service pack 2 which failed, at the end i got an error message which i do not have the number. However it was for some type of securtity issue. Now i cannot get into windows, the computer keeps powering off and on after seeing the windows xp logo on the screen. I have tried safe mode and the recovery console with no luck. I have not had any issues up until yesterday. I would appreciate any advice or input. Thanks. :)

2. jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

3. pmaz70

pmaz70 Thread Starter

i'll try it thank you

4. pmaz70

pmaz70 Thread Starter

the link you gave me worked thanks again, i removed the sp2 update and my computer is working fine again

5. jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

I'm happy for you, glad to help you get your system back. :D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!