1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer really slow again

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by sweetcheekies, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sweetcheekies

sweetcheekies Thread Starter

Okay all I am having slow computer problems again. The other day i was on the computer and all was fine. Then a few hours later hubby tried to come on the computer and it looked like it was going to load etc. taskbar flashed and then went to my background screen ( teal green) and stayed there. No matter what i tried safe mode , etc it wouldnt work. I reinstalled my win 98 se and it works now. however.. now anything to do with msn.. (i know there was problems with the messanger ) but any thing to do with msn wont work i am trying to redownload msn messanger and It wont even give me the option to save etc. i can go to the download page and click download but nothing happens. i have tried to go to other msn pages and nope.. any ideas? I had that msbb problem last week but that is resolved.. i have ran housecalls and spybot and nothing comes up. Please Please help me.. oh and my computer is just running totally slow and not like the norm.

Thanks

Sweet

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

What happens if you choose 'save as' and select a location?

3. sweetcheekies

i dont even get that option. Okay i just redid a virus scan.. the third one today.. i have the pehantera viurs.. but I cant clean it.. I used housecalls and they said it was cleanable but when i click on clean it doesnt do it.. same as when i use my norton utilities.. it said the w32.hllp.handy virus.. grrrrrrrrrr when did these just pop up.. i had updated virus info etc when i ran them earlier and had used housecalls earlier and it didnt find them .. now what can i do?

Sweet

4. sweetcheekies

Okay some one please help i am begging.. my computer is running like total crap.. I cant even do the windows update.. it wont run it says active x things etc need to be checked and they are from what i can tell.. i cant run any exe programs from any site.. cnet etc.. it wont give me the screen that says do you want to save this or run from this location.. so i dont even get the choice.. anyone have any ideas? I am willing to go over things step by step from the beginning if i have to .. thanks for any help any one can offer

Sweet

5. sweetcheekies

l fixed.. some kicking and screaming and threatening the puter i was finally able to reinstall ie and all is good..

sweet

6. Davey7549

Davey7549

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112516

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice