Computer reboots automatically

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ROOKY

I was playing an online game this morning when the computer rebooted automatically and I got a message as belows:

Initialising Inter(R) Boot Agent Version 4.0.22
PXE 2.1 Build 083 (Wfm 2.0), RPL V2.73

The following configuration options were automatically updated:
CD-ROM: COMPAQ DVD-ROM GDR8160B
CD-ROM: ASUS CRW-5232AS
No IDE fixed disk present

Compaq Presario 6195EA
F1:Save Changes <F10=Setup> <F12=Network Service Boot>

As a beginner I am not sure whether I should press F1 to save the above changes or whether this is some virus in the hard disc. Would appreciate some help.

No IDE fixed disk present
You are fine to press F1 but if this error message is correct then you have an issue with the Hard Drive in the machine.

The BIOS is no longer recognising your hard disk, which means windows wont load or any of your programs.

Press F1 and see if you windows still loads, if it does then your in luck and should ASAP back up everything that is important to you on that machine.

Try and find out what make and model your Hard Drive is then you should be able to download the manufacturers tool(s) for checking the disk for problems.

ROOKY

thanks. you were right. tried F1 but windows wont load.......dont know what my next move should be now.

on the error massage take a close look at this No IDE fixed disk present that mean the bios did not find your boot hardrive login into your bios press F10 for setup and check on the boot priority menu if your hardisk is listed as the first device if your hard disk dont show up on your bios at all you need to open your case and reset the IDE cable or can be your drive is dead

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online