1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer reboots but freezes at the black safe mode screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GAZZA453, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GAZZA453

GAZZA453 Thread Starter

Hi, A friend of mine has ased me to look at her computer as it reboots and freezes at the black safe mode screen, if she leaves it turned off for about 10mins it will start back up with no problems, it does not sem to be over heating as this can happen withing a minute of booting up.
    I have noticed that the dvd from light seems to stay on for quite a while when it boots up but then goes out.
    :confused:
    Any ideas thx.

2. KingCody

KingCody

you say it freezes at the safe mode screen, is it automatically going to that screen or are you pressing F8 as it boots to get there?? if it is automatically going to that screen, have you tried selecting "last known good configuration"? or can you not even choose which selection to boot with?

3. GAZZA453

GAZZA453 Thread Starter

yes it automatically goes to that screen and it will not let you select anything the only way out is to turn the pc off or press reset

4. buckfan1

buckfan1

Sounds like data corruption from shutting down wrong and I beleave you do have a heat problem that will cause it to lock up too or it could be a bad hard drive. Do you hear the hard drive grinding?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/433494

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice