computer reboots itself

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lewby

Hi everyone,

I am new here so sorry if this is in wrong place

My computer keeps rebooting itself, no warning just closes down and reboots. It only does this when it is first switched on for the day and usually within a couple of minutes of starting up, then upon reboot it will last a similar sort of time before shutting down again. Afterwards it will be fine for the rest of the time it is on. Sometimes it doesnt even do it at all.

I am just confused now, any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Hello try this

control panel
system
Advanced
start up and recovery

Uncheck automatically restart on errors and see if you get a blue screen

if you do copy it and post please

lewby

The error screen that appeared had:

stop: 0x00000050 (0x97EEB0A8, 0x00000001, 0xB514ABE1, 0x00000000)

kmixer.sys - address B514ABE1 base at B5129000 Date stamp 448fcd31

Hope this helps someone because it means nothing to me!!

Hi Kmixer is a key windows kernal audio mixer. This could prove to be a problem with the sound card. Try updating the driver also you could run sfc /scannow from cmd to repair any system files. Let me know how you get on.

Hi can you download microsoft memory diagnostics tool and run it to check your memory on the system.

jrbuergel

Jim
These reboots can also be caused by a faulty power supply, a virus, or a bad video card, so you should test for these issues. Do you have any display problems or other weird things occuring with your computer? I had stop codes 7E and 50 with XP recently, and also had some display issues like odd wavy lines on the start menu area, which was a faulty PNY video card, ( replaced the video card and no more problems)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online