1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer reboots to blank screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pmckey, Sep 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmckey

pmckey Thread Starter

Purchased new computer approx. 2 weeks ago. First 2 days worked fine but on 3rd day computer appeared to shut down for no reason. Power was still on, but screen was blank, would not respond to any input. After pressing 'reset' several times computer booted normally. Over the next few days it repeated problem about once or twice a day, I then noticed the clock had reset to April 2002. After about a week the problem had gotten steadily worse, I also noticed the message CMOS BATTERY STATE LOW. Is this a valid error message or just a sign of something bigger? I've never gotten this message on any computer I've ever owned. I removed all my devices except video and booted to a floppy with the same results.

BTW, I have a Athlon XP 2000 w/256k and the mainboard is a ECS K7S5A. I've checked all my devices on a second computer with no problems.

2. SexyTech

SexyTech

Hi there...

It sounds like you need to eithr get a new CMOS battery or call the motherboard/CPU maker and see if you can get it repaired/replaced!

3. pmckey

pmckey Thread Starter

Hi SexyTech,

I was afraid of that, I just wanted to be sure before I sent my motherboard back to the vendor for replacement or repair.

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond, hope to hear from you again in the future

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/96104

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice