1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer reboots when D/L 2gb+

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Btshto, Jan 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Btshto

Btshto Thread Starter

Hey guys, I am having PC problems and I was hoping I can get help here. Here is the story.
    During large downloads, my PC would reboot within a min or 2. The PC would also occasionally reboot out of nowhere, even when nobody was using it. It recently got to the point where it reboots during the Windows startup screen. I got another HDD from craigslist and did a fresh install of Windows XP. My PC now has no random rebooting but it still does reboot when trying to download large files. I will try to send a zip file of the minidump. I hope I did it correctly. Thanks for any info or leads.

Attached Files:

2. Btshto

Btshto Thread Starter

I am really sorry, my computer is a Compaq Presario SR5710F. The problem is not my RAM or power supply as I tested and put money into these recently. I have had a pirated version of Windows XP on this system since 2009 with no problems, could that be the problem

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The Compaq Presario SR5710F (FQ582AA) desktop was introduced in November 2008 and came with Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 32-bit installed in it.

The system recovery disc kit to revert it back to its original factory condition can be purchased here.

We do not assist with pirated versions of Windows. Read the site rules.

----------------------------------------------------------

4. buffoon

buffoon

.............and since, as flavallee states, we offer no such assistance with pirated OS, we shall need to close this thread

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1117303

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice