Computer Reboots !! >.<

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Flaeb

Hey first let me explain, i left my computer on over night *like i always do* then i woke up and my computer was off BUT the lights were stil on, i was like weird...anyways i had to unplug, then i turn it on, no problems, THEN when it gets to desktop, u know the welcome music and stuff, it reboots, ALL the time when it reachs to desktop it reboots only, safe mode it doesnt reboot till like a minute or 2 later , i dont think its spyware ot virus cause it was fine for a long time and it just happen all of a sudden, heat,dust i dont know it looks clean *shrug* plz help *btw i am on my other crappy computer when typing this*

ok if on safe mode it those not reboot then the easy way around this on safe mode do a system restore to a day before the problem or unintall the last two programs you install before the problem

If you can, boot into safemode and do a system restore. If not maybe you can do an XP repair with the XP disk.

Flaeb

how do u do system restore? i dont think i ever did that

Flaeb

well i systrem restore the recent, yesterday and even the day before and now its just rebooting over and over and over and over before it reachs desktops also i did "Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)" this is not cool =(

or can also be you had automatically update on and one of the update from microsoft did this to your system

Flaeb

cant use that link in safe mode, not online, btw yea safe mode works fine, i read that service pack2 can cause a problem that reboots over and over , and i downloaded SP2 like 3 weeks ago so....i dont know =(

Flaeb

thx natcom, i just need to get myself a windows XP CD from my friend then i can try it

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online