1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer REFUSES to connect to home wifi.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by tattooednerdgirl, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tattooednerdgirl

tattooednerdgirl Thread Starter

Hello, I am having troubles connecting my laptop to my wireless router. Currently, I am hardwired to my internet (totally defeating the purpose of having a laptop...). My computer sees the network, but when I try to connect it, it says "UNABLE TO CONNECT", yet I can connect to other networks... All the other computers in the house along with game consoles connected just fine once I put in our password. My patience is running low on this issue. Please help!

2. ETech7

ETech7

Were you able to connect before that?

3. tattooednerdgirl

tattooednerdgirl Thread Starter

Yeah. It doesn't make any sense.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1068838