1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Refuses To Display on Monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by renegade328, Nov 4, 2019.

1. renegade328

renegade328 Thread Starter

While using my computer the other day an odd issue occurred where there was a white box on the screen, I couldn't figure it out and simply did a reboot to attempt to resolve it. And then neither monitors would work - both showing "no signal".

I have tried:

• Rebooting again
    • Reseating the HDMI + DVI connections
    • Plugging the cables into a new computer (it works there)
    • Plugging a VGA cable into the computer rather than the graphics card (did not work)
    • Restarting the monitors
    • Playing with the monitor settings.
    • Swapped out PSU
    • Swapped out harddrive
    • Taking out Graphics card
    • Taking out out RAM
    Any help is greatly appreciated. I run a Windows 10 and built my computer - has been running fine for a few years.

To be more clear as to how my computer is working - all fans including the ones on the graphics card are spinning and appear to be working. Aside from a slightly odd sound on start up (no, not beeps. This sound goes away if I disconnect the CD Drive) everything sounds and appears to be normal. I'm a bit lost as to what the issue is and where I should go, any help would be appreciated.

Specs:

Motherboard - ASRock Z270 PRO4 LGA1151

Harddrive - Seagate BarraCuda 1TB

RAM - G Skill 8GB Aegis 288-Pin DDR4-PC4-19200 (x2)

Case - CORSAIR Carbide 100R Mid-Tower Case

Processor - Intel Core i3-7100 7th Gen Core Desktop Processor

Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler

Cooling (Now) - ThermalTake Smart Series 500W

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235218

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice