Computer refuses to install any hardware.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

db0nes

Whenever I plug anything into any of my usb ports, the new hardware wizard pops up and asks me to install the drivers. even if it's plug and play.
But it's not only my usb devices. It does the same thing when I try and create a virtual drive with daemon tools.
And while it does work, the wizard pops up every time I start up my computer to install my CD drive i recently installed.

Help please?

Oddba11

Jim
It's My Birthday!
OS/registry issue. Personally, I'd perform a fresh install of the OS.

Aside from that, you could try a Repair or manual install of the latest Service Pack and drivers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online