1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer refusing to boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by akoli, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akoli

akoli Thread Starter

Hi,

I've just bascially gutted my pc and replaced the lot over xmas but after putting the whole lot together the motherboard refuses to power on at all. The PSU Power switch etc are all in working order.

I believe the fault lies with the power supply probalby the 4pin 12 connector , my PSU has three of these 2 for P4 + 1 ATx 4 pin is it just something silly that I've overlooked I need help and I'm dying to get this baby running

Athlon x2 4200+
    Corsair Twinx Pro 3200 1024
    XFX 7800 GT Extreme
    Asrock 939 Dual Sata 2
    Tagan 480-U01 PSU
    Western Digital 300gb HD

I've got loads of other kit but this is bare minimum that I've plugged in to get the board to run at least

If u need any further info let me know

Any help is appreciated

thanks

David

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You need to make sure you have plugged in every power connector that is required by the motherboard. If you're board has a 24 pin plug then you need to make sure you're power supply is a 24 pin unit as well. There's also a seperate 4 pin 12 volt connector that also needs to be plugged in. Lastly your video card also requires a dedicated power connection from the power supply, make sure that its connected as well.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/430104

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice