1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Registering

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Rae_baby, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rae_baby

Rae_baby Thread Starter

I recently got a laptop from a Rental place ( stupid, I know) and the computer is Registered to them. Do I keep it that way or can I change it to my own? Is it important? And if I happened to change it, would I lose the software that's on mycomputer like NTI CD and DVD maker that is registered to them? Because I happen to like that...also..if I did...would it change how I got a wireless network signal...because I get one now....would that change? PLEASE HELP!!!

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Not knowing what version of Windows is somewhat "limiting" in being able to provide any useable help.

Did you rent the computer or purchase it (the matter is unclear in your post).

Did all disks for the installed software come with the computer? (if not you do not own the software)

3. Rae_baby

Rae_baby Thread Starter

I have windows XP...I bought it but it was used...refurbished. The computer did not come with any disks for the software. Thanks

4. Rae_baby

Rae_baby Thread Starter

Problem Solved. Thanks

5. ChrisSekely

ChrisSekely

I have a similar question, so I'm wondering what actually was the solution to your question? Did you figure out how to change the name to which your computer is registered?

6. Kitch

Kitch

7. ChrisSekely

ChrisSekely

It worked. Thank you.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/433495

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice