Computer Repair and Service

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mat1250

I have had a computer hobby for 18 years. I would like to start a computer repair service. What should I know how to do? In what areas should I be proficient?

SUEOHIO

SUE
Maybe you can work for a computer repair place for awhile and see what you would have to know or learn to be able to repair computers properly.

dustyjay

Jay
Perhaps if you listed your computer building and repair experience to this point, it would help. Hardware is but one aspect, software is an important aspect as well. I have been building and maintaining my own systems and those of family and friends since the early 80's and I do not feel qualified to run a computer repair service. Formal training in hardware and software would be helpful, but you need to add real world experience as well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online