1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer repeatedly shutting off and on....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dammer3, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dammer3

Dammer3 Thread Starter

Well where to begin.... this issue started last week where I was just watching a tv show online and my computer just randomly shut off, I turned it back on and it worked again for about 15 minutes and than shut off again, from there it would only turn on long enough to barely post..... anyways my first guess was maybe my psu was dying or what not, so I took pulled one of my GPUs out and we turned on again. Computer powered on and stayed on for maybe ten minutes... and I'm back to where I started again. I gave my computer a while to sit and I turned it on its side and I started to mess with it again computer stayed on for hours no issues I was testing to see if I was having over heating issues, CPU NB and MB all no where no near over heating, again I tried to stress my GPUs and over all system running Battle field 3 maxed..... no issues, shut my computer down thought I was good to go since I had used it for the day with no issues.... But again the next day same issue, computer powered down after a while of simple tasks.... Anyways I spent the next few days looking up possible solutions.... and I did the following I re-seated every piece of hardware other than my CPU, looked for possible shorts and created less clutter in my system. Driving to work today I figured the only thing I've really changed as of lately in my setup is adding my SSD about a month and a half ago. I never had this problem prior to that so that will be what I try when I get home, however Diablo 3 does come out tonight ;) so I wanna have other possible solutions to stablize my system for some quality play time.... Thanks for your thoughts suggestions :)

I have not heard a BEEP code the whole time this has been happening as well....
    windows 7
    I7 950
    Asus Sabertooth X58
    CORSAIR XMS3 DDR3 1600 3x2gb
    2x EVGA 470GTX
    Sparkle Gold Class 850w PSU
    ssd 120gb mushkin chronos
    Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1053162