1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Computer Reset and now Failing to Repair

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BurntWaffle101, Sep 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BurntWaffle101

BurntWaffle101 Thread Starter

My grandpas computer is screwing up. We tried to format an SD card, and the computer reset. It will not allow us to login, and the computer keeps to automatically repair itself, but it keeps failing to. We have tried everything we could. It will not take us back to the original computer. I feel terrible for making this happen. We really need help with our computer. I am not sure of what to do. Please, someone, help us.

2. BurntWaffle101

The model is a Lenovo 90 ED, I guess. That’s what I saw on the computer. If you need any other details, just ask. I’ll try to give any details I can. Just please help me.

3. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
    Did you accidentally format his C: drive?
    How much of a bootup are you getting? It could be that the system just decided it was time to die.
    Do you have another PC on hand to use? You could install his HDD as a secondary drive on another PC to inspect it for problems.
    Also would be good if you need to do a data recovery /backup tasks.

4. BurntWaffle101

Oh no. I think I did. I remember now. I did. What happened? Will my computer be okay??

5. BurntWaffle101

My grandpa says that he is getting zero boot up. He says it goes straight to diagnostics and then fails to diagnose.

6. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
    Well, I hope your grandpa has a backup or had nothing important on his computer.
    There are places that will do data recovery. as long as you did a quick format and you have not done anything else to write on the drive, you should have good success.
    If there is nothing worth recovering, then you need to re-install windows and go forward.

7. BurntWaffle101

Okay thank you so much. My grandpa is going to a tech store tomorrow to get it repaired. Thank you. I was about to have a panic attack before I saw this.

8. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
    Make sure that the data recovery is not done "in Place"
    It should be done in such a manner that the original hard drive is left alone and recovered files are written to a new hard drive. This is likely not going to be cheap

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233598

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice