Computer "Restart" error msg

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

auntsusue

First of all

"MERRY CHRISTMAS AND WARMEST WISHES FOR THE HAPPIEST OF NEW YEARS" :)

My computer will not "warm" boot or "restart" without displaying the error message "system boot error - install system disk and hit enter". I have to manually turn off the computer power switch (located on back of tower) - turn back on and then press "power" button located on front of tower. Now when "shutting" down windows 2000 - I am able to boot back up without incident but when installing new software/hardware, etc. and I am instructed to "restart" computer - I have to go thru the whole process of manually turning off the main power switch on back of tower - turning it back on and then pressing the "power" button on front of tower. Is it possible that this issue/problem is affecting my new software/hardware installation processes (I have been encountering A LOT of problems with this issue!!)?!? Would you be willing and able to share any hints with me as to what exactly I can do to eliminate this problem??? I thank you in advance for your time and cooperation.

I had this ame problem with a friends computer I fixed it by recovery disks that were made with the computer.
If you dont mind losing any info on your computer then run your system recovery disks
I tried running the windows system recovery disks and that did not work I litterly had to use the 7 recovery disks to fix the problem
Maybe someone else may have a better option
But am sorry that is all I have as the fix.

auntsusue

walleyegator said:
I had this ame problem with a friends computer I fixed it by recovery disks that were made with the computer.
If you dont mind losing any info on your computer then run your system recovery disks
I tried running the windows system recovery disks and that did not work I litterly had to use the 7 recovery disks to fix the problem
Maybe someone else may have a better option
But am sorry that is all I have as the fix.
Do not currently have any recovery disks. Is it too late to create recovery disks? Why can't recovery disks be burned to CD? I was told they can only be created on 3 1/2 floppy. I really do appreciate your help - Thanks!!!!

Ok so it seems you have the same problem that I encountered
Here is a link to buy recovery disks
http://www.restoredisks.com/
And you just followe thier instructions to find the right one for your computer make and model number
This was very easy to fix the computer I was working on
I recieved 7 restore cds and just put the 1st one in and started up the computer and it went from there.
But 1st you must get into the bios and make the 1st boot be the cd rom drive
It will cost you around $35 to $39 for the disk but then you have your backup and will never have to worry about your system again (at least you hope)
as long as you protect your computer from any viruses and malware
Let me know if you are going to go this way or if you find the restore disks on this site
GOOD LUCK DUDE

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online