1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer restarting help pls

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by al1ce, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. al1ce

al1ce Thread Starter

Hi, First of all id like to say hello, i am new to the forums, and hope you can help me with my computer-

Packard bell desktop, 32bit vista, had it for year but a great computer no previous probs, it just suddenly restarts on its own, thinking maybe a virus i completely wiped it and reinstalled teh vista installation disc, but still happening, i set it to not restart in system tools, so i got the message on blue screen, took a picture with my phone hope you can see it and able to tell me what it means pls, something abot bugcode usb driver?

i have actualy reinstalled windows 4 times, and have a build up of 4 windows old on the drive, not sure how to remove them if it has anything to do with it or maybe this is a different problem all together.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Laz123

Laz123 Banned

Restarting is sometimes an overheating problem where dust collects and prevents the fans from working properly. Invest in a can of compressed air and use that to clear things.

You have 4 operating systems or have I misunderstood? If so how did you reinstall vista?

3. dai

dai

what are you running
    video card brand and model
    cpu
    m/board
    ram
    power supply
    brand
    model
    wattage

check the listings in the bios for 12v line voltages and temperatures and post them

in the device manager click on view at the top and in the dropdown
    show hidden devices
    then uninstall all listed usb items
    turn the computer off
    unplug usb plugs
    reboot twice
    replug in the usb plugs

4. al1ce

al1ce Thread Starter

Thanks everyone, think the dust was the problem, opened it as cleared all away and it worked without rebooting, i had 106 updates which i could not run previously with it rebooting, but as soon as i ran these it worked like a charm, rebooted installed more updates and perfect, would never have though about it being dust so a big thank you to LAZ123, saved me a fortune not having to put it in a repair shop, will defo come back should i have any probs again :)

5. al1ce

al1ce Thread Starter

oh and as for the operating systems, i mean the clean install partitian, i have previously used this 4 times so it saves old windows particians on the c drive, but iv worked out how to clear these to free up room by using the disk cleanup, now have lots of space :)

6. dai

dai

glad you have it sorted

dust is a continual problem and it pays to blow it out on a regular basis

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085800

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice