Computer restarting issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kidfromakron

My PC for the longest time has been having this issue where I start up a game, everything seems fine, but after 30 minutes or so my computer decides to restart. I am not particularly tech savvy or anything but I really need some support on this because it's very frustrating.

Thank you in advance.

Intel Core i7 7800X @ 3.50GHz
X299 GAMING PRO CARBON motherboard
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
32 GB ram

Last edited:

managed

Allan
Hi and welcome to TSG,

What power supply do you have ?

Have you checked the temperatures of the Cpu and Gpu ? If not you can use MSI Afterburner to do it :- https://www.msi.com/Landing/afterburner/graphics-cards

Post the temperatures at Idle and at 100% Cpu, you can use Prime95 or CoreTermp to make the Cpu run at 100%.

Kidfromakron

I have downloaded MSI Afterburner and CoreTemp as you suggested and this is what I have, I'm guessing these are the idle temperatures, how do I run the CPU at 100 percent however?

evga 1000 g3 is my power supply

Attachments

managed

Allan
Actually rather than forcing the Cpu to run 100% just run your game as usual but keep an eye on the temperatures that CoreTemp shows in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen. Try to find the max temp it gets to before the game crashes the computer.

Kidfromakron

Thank you, my temperatures for 100 percent came to

Core 0- 75 celcius
Core 1- 71 celcius
Core 2- 72 celcius
Core 3- 69 celcius
Core 4- 64 celcius
Core 5- 70 celcius

managed

Allan
Those temperatures look ok. Check the GPU temps with MSI Afterburner while playing the game.

Kidfromakron

I think their might be a different problem at hand because when I opened the game now, it crashed almost immediately after getting past the load screen. I don't think it's overheating.

managed

Allan
Does it crash with more than one game or just when running one particular game ?

managed

Allan
I'm out of ideas right now, someone else will probably post soon though and if I do think of anything else I will post too.

crjdriver

Here is a link to the support page for your motherboard;
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/X299-GAMING-PRO-CARBON.html
Download and install the monitoring software ie command center. Once done, post the following info; 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values. Do this twice. Once under a normal load and again while running a stress test. Use any of the following for the stress test; prime95, OCCT, or Realbench. Post screenshots of both instances ie normal and full load.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online