1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer restarting Vid Card error!!! ><

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Mr.Bungle, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mr.Bungle

Mr.Bungle Thread Starter

ok so i reformatted my computer recently and now when I play games on my computer it will freeze up and restart, after it reboots i get a message saying it was because of my video card drivers and when i click the link to see how to resolve it it sends me to a page about debugging (see picture) Anyone have any ideas on what i need to do? And i am fully updated except for SP2.
    PIC

2. thegooddale

thegooddale

Do you have the latest drivers for your video card? If you do, perhaps try using the previously released drivers. You may have found a new bug in the latest drivers.

Another thing you could try, if you have a motherboard with onboard video, go into the bios and disable it.

That page it sends you to shows an error message with the website rather than your card. So try accessing the page again.

BTW, what kind of video card is it?

3. Mr.Bungle

Mr.Bungle Thread Starter

it's a radeon 9800 pro 128mb, and yes i am using the newest drivers, but i have tried omega drivers with the same result...

4. jedicmdrwedg

jedicmdrwedg

check your hardware. i'm probably making ridiculous connections here but i had the exact same problem (including the video driver message) just now and now my windows pc is dead and waiting for a new motherboard. it escalated. i dunno if that's the same problem you have, but it could be.

i did try messing with the drivers--rolling back, updating, etc--and it didn't help. even a complete reformat didn't fix it. it's probably not the same problem as you have, but i'd try installing an os on another drive and seeing if you have the same problem.

5. Mr.Bungle

Mr.Bungle Thread Starter

well i am having another problem that may be related, everytime I used to start my computer it would beep twice then boot, now everytime i start it its a long beep and the computer shuts off, and when i reboot after that it says i have a CMOS checksum error and my bios defaults were restored. The only way to get around this is to restart during the beep. I dont know if this is related, but both problems came up around the same time. Do you think i need a new mobo/cpu?

6. Mr.Bungle

Mr.Bungle Thread Starter

also, could anyone suggest any good combo's within the $200-300 range? i have an amd and would really like move to an intel, board must have agp 8x support, use ddr and at least a 3.0 cpu and not be a soyo board(current board, sucks hard) thanks :)

i know this is an amd, but is this any good?
    Combo!

7. Mr.Bungle

Mr.Bungle Thread Starter

8. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Try reseating the video card and ram chip(s).

9. Mr.Bungle

Mr.Bungle Thread Starter

still nothing :\

10. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Change the cmos battery.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323106

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice