1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer restarts after windows loading screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by GamerGuy, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GamerGuy

GamerGuy Thread Starter

Ok, i have never had this kind of problem before. The other day i was playin on online then i stopped and went to be, with the computer on. I also know i have some virus called trojan GE . and its in the systeme 32 file and is called ridirv , i think that is how it is spelled .. anyways. i woke up and moved the mouse and the computer was showing the screen to pick between safe mode or last known ... start windows you know. anyways i click last know configuration and it doesnt get past the windows loading screen and just restarts over and over. I tried to take out some memory and use one stick. I dont know what else to try. Anyone that has had this problem please help ... thanks !:confused:

2. GamerGuy

GamerGuy Thread Starter

ok , i have decided to just format the drive , but when i get to the partitions section it wants me to creat one . But then when i choose the partition with 95598 it wont let me use that partition. I tired deleteing it then recreateing one and still wont let me. I have also tried making and extra partition and still says that i have to load the windows drivers or something, but i hit F6 when it asked for it. I loaded my drivers and hit enter to continue and all the following steps and i tell am not getting anywhere. any help would be helpful!

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Have you tried deleting ALL partitions on the disk and starting from there?

4. Trebuchet

Trebuchet

I have the same problem, only there was no virus on my compy beforehand. When I try to boot in Safemode, it stops at "mup.sys" and restarts. I'm running a LiveCD right now. Any suggestions?

5. GamerGuy

GamerGuy Thread Starter

yes i have deleted all of them , the only one i cant delete is the one with the total number of space of the harddrive , and it is named "unpartitioned space" @ 95606

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Ok, it is showing your disk as unpartitioned or unallocated. Can you create a partition in the unallocated space?

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Note if you want to create more than 1 partition, use the backspace key to type in a new value for the partition size.

8. GamerGuy

GamerGuy Thread Starter

i can create one, it says here .. C: Partition 1 [new <RAW> ] 95598 MB (95597MB Free )
    Then i select it , after that it tells me this ...

" To install windows xp on the partition you selected set up must write some start up files to the following Unknow Disk
    However this disk does not contain a windows XP-compatible partition.
    To continue installing windows xp , return to the partition selection screen and creat a windows xp compatible partition on the disk above. If there is no free space on the disk , delete and existing partition and then create a new one.

I did all that i deleted it and made a new one, but evertime i make a new one and choose the new one that i had just made i get this every time... I have the maxtor cd... should i put that in and format the drive then try to install windows?

9. GamerGuy

GamerGuy Thread Starter

im gonna use the maxtor disk and set the drive to zeros and then try to install xp again. So i'll keep ya updated... thanks for the help much appreciated !

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/435210

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice