1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer restarts during game

Discussion in 'Games' started by JaimeS, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaimeS

JaimeS Thread Starter

Hi, I've been having this problem for a few months where my computer will restart while I'm playing games, usually starcraft 2. I got a new heatsink, and i know my gpu isn't overheating too.

I use a razer deathadder mouse and a microsoft sidewinder x4 keyboard, diablotek RPM 950w psu

It usually restarts while I'm doing something with my mouse that causes the screen to move (like scrolling)

I don't know if it might be the power supply, maybe motherboard? i got new ram so i know it's not that, and i can stress test my cpu and gpu for long periods of time without a restart. But in games it restarts whenever it feels like.

Is there any hope for me? :p

2. amishbr07

amishbr07

It could be a virus. Check it for malware and scan it with antivirus

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032379

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice