computer restarts each day by itself

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tonij1960

Im not real certain if its malware or not. Ran Malwarebytes and it found one item and removed it.

My PC restarts once each day by itself no warning right in the middle of whatever Im doing. I cleared my logs and waited until it did it again. This is what I found in the event viewer.

11-11-2011 12:33:00 Source User Event ID 1074

The process svchost.exe has initiated the restart of computer "" on behalf of user NT Authority/system for the following reason

operating system hotfix (planned)

Reason code 0x80020011
Shutdown type restart

Source user 32
Event ID 1074level information
User system
task category none
keywords classic

Any help to try to stop these restarts?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online