1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer restarts every 5 seconds. =(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Blazixe, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazixe

Blazixe Thread Starter

Alright so this happened when i was scanning for viruses and whatnot with Spy-bot Search and Destroy on Windows 7. I left the room and when i came back the screen was black. i shock the mouse, tried using the touch-pad and hitting some keys. It wouldn't respond. I held the power button down to turn it off. When i turned it back on however it power on (lights flash, etc) but for no more ten 5 seconds. It rarely even got the fan going. Nothing appears on the screen when i do this (no post or anything , just black). I thought the power button may have been stuck but I took the computer apart (somewhat and found it was working fine. I am using a laptop. Prior to this the battery was pretty much done with (Ubuntu 9.04 told me it had 10-20 percent of normal capacity rate). I tried it without the battery (wall charger plugged in). I tried it battery only. My cousin had the same computer and i'm using it right now. I swapped my hard drive with his and some ram. So i know it isn't that that is the problem. Does anyone have any idea what might be happening? I plan to take this to staples soon but I'd still like to have some insight on what might be wrong before then.

Running on a Acer Aspire 5520
    http://www.acer.ca/acer/service.do?...tryISOCtxParam=CA&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=719687231

2. Bernardo

Bernardo

Something shorting?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914687

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice