1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Restarts if when using bigger amoung of memory

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by CountDraco, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CountDraco

CountDraco Thread Starter

HEY every time I play a video game or run a video my computer restarts on me........
    Windows brought me to this page once http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=322205

and when I open up the error message it gives me theses files
    C:\DOCUME~1\James\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER4c4e.dir00\Mini070207-02.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\James\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER4c4e.dir00\sysdata.xml

If you know what might be causing this I would like to know.... Thank you

2. JohnZimmerman

JohnZimmerman

Do you only get the crashes when using newly added RAM?
    Are you certain the new RAM matches the specifications of the RAM that was already in your computer, and/or that your motherboard supports mixed RAM types?

3. CountDraco

CountDraco Thread Starter

Well the last Ram I bought was a year ago......Here's what happened:
    I was running Windows 2k for almost two years when I ran into a virus that I could not get rid of. Well I decided it was time for a change so I wiped my C drive and installed Windows XP Pro. Well I reinstalled everything (Drivers and Programs) and well I tried to play SWG (Star Wars Galaxies) and the Computer rebooted almost instancely. Well I have tried reinstalling the drivers, reinstalling most of the programs, removing each memory card one at a time checking to see if a bad sector on one, I use a program called speedfan to check my harddrives and all of them say running at 78% or better...I know my computer CPU runs hot Pentium D's run at 150+ Degrees F, but I bought a new CPU Fan and it runs 100F regularly and 110F when in use of a SWG...I am not sure what may be causing the problem....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!