Computer restarts itself in setup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

plumbum21

I press the power button on my computer, all seems good for 5 seconds, the screen seems like its running and then BAM it restarts itself again. Over and over until about the fifth time it apologises to me and asks me to run it normally...whatever that means. Its rather annoying and Im really concerned that its going to get work.

I cant afford to go to the computer shop right now to fix it....

Can anyone out there help me?

PB

ps apologises if this is in the wrong place as a post - im new to this!:)

Howdy

Have you installed anything new lately about the same time this started.

plumbum21

I havent installed something, but I did have a pop up that wouldnt go away and accidently clicked it in the wrong place and it come up with adult websites and then I tried to click out to close the browsing window but it closed itself....and then ever since then the problem has started....so im guessin its something to do with that. I have virus protection so not sure why the pops ups were coming up? Any ideas?

plumbum21

Thanks for your help. I am impressed at the speedy response. I am not at my own computer at the moment but when I am will try what you said and post a reply.

Fingers crossed...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online