1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer restarts upon intense use such as gaming

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alexk1212, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexk1212

alexk1212 Thread Starter

So ive had my pc for about 2 and a half years and for most of the time I've had it whenever I run an incredibly tasking game it will crash and restart with an error message saying about Asus surge protection, I also recently after changing the power supply and adding a second hard drive have run into the problem of my screen being checkered blue with the normal screen which makes it Unusable, I've tried changing the slots in which the hard drives are plugged in, moving the graphics card to a different slot, using different cables to plug in the monitor and nothing has changed, my build is:

Asus z87-k motherboard
    Nvidia gtx 780 2GB graphics card
    2X4GB 1866Mhz ram
    Intel core i5 3.4ghz cpu
    850W 75A power supply EVGA
    2X1TB hhd

Also have tested the temps recently and there has been nothing out of the ordinary.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    ASUS Z87-K Motherboard
    It has 4 DIMM slots and supports up to 32 GB of DDR3-1600 RAM.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card
    It uses 250 watts of power and has a very good benchmark score of 8014.

You didn't advise which "Intel Core i5" processor you have.
    A dash and additional characters after "i5" will identify its model number.

You didn't advise the brand name and model number of that "850 watts" power supply.

You didn't advise which Windows version your gaming computer is running.

The more accurate and detailed information we have, the better the hardware/gaming experts here can help you.

---------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1172943

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice