1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer restarts

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by klg, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. klg

klg Thread Starter

My computer occasionally restarts while I am in the middle of something-can be I am online or using word. The day before yesterday I installed IE 6 in English, I had been using IE 5 in spanish. Yesterday it shut down and restarted 3 times in about 45 minutes. Very frustrating. Also, with the installation of IE in English my OE still has the folder titles in spanish-can I get them into English? I also frequently get a blue screen while online and get disconnected from my server. I also get a message when I first open a IE window or click on something that says -depurar- in spanish, which is like, clean it up, it will give a line number, sometimes multiple lines. I always say no because if I say ok I get a whole new thing that screws everything up. I am using Win98

Trina

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    is the PC getting hot
    post the full blue screen error message please

3. NT4.0

NT4.0

about the blue screen problem when getting online, i had the same problem in Win98 (my friend did also), and Norton Utilities (Norton WinDoctor) always solved the problem so it never repeated.

try uninstalling IE6 and deleting the folder c:\program files\internet explorer. then install IE6 again, this might help.

4. klg

klg Thread Starter

The blue screen I get when I get disconnected from online says:

An exception OE has occured at 0028:C83EF433 in VxD---. This was called from 0028:C82EEC30 in VxD---. It may be possible to continue normally.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276906

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice