1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer running at full speed?

Discussion in 'Games' started by sn1p34, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sn1p34

sn1p34 Thread Starter

Ok, I'm just wondering if I'm geting what I should be able to get out of my computer.

I have a P4 3.2 l2 cache 1 mb
    ATI AIW x800xt 256mb
    160 gig maxtor 8mb buffer
    1 gig samsung ram 400mhz
    ASUS P4S8X-MX Mother board

I get around 60 - 70 FPS in Half-Life 2 CSS on most maps, but in cs_millitia It lags for the first 3 - 4 round then it starts running at about 50 fps.

Does that seem right?

EDIT* I forgot to mention I have all the settings on high, and 2x Anti Filter, and 4x AA.

2. sn1p34

sn1p34 Thread Starter

Anyone?

3. GripS

GripS

Your not alone. The new Militia map supports HDR(high dynamic range) lighting. This can reduce performance significantly if it is enabled. Check your advanced video settings and try shutting it off and see if that helps.

You can test your systems overall performance with the following benchmarks. PCmark, 3dmark, and aquamark. Check your results with others with similair systems.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436233

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice