Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer running loud after Corsair H115i installed

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  chitownbob 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I recently built a computer and installed corsair h115i. The fans point towards the MB and I have 2 other fans on the bottom of the case. It seems really loud. I have tried download speedfans etc but controlling the fans dont work. It could be my gfx card fan? but I don't really want to shut that down. It says it's at 1230rpm while my other fans are 956,263,13.

Can anyone try and help me out? The fans work, maybe I plugged them in incorrectly?

#3 ·
Fans typically point out of the case, not inward. You need to do a little trouble shooting and determine exactly which fans are causing the sound.

I will also add than any running fan will make noise and the faster they run the more noise they create. Those fans appear to be 2000rpm fans. I don't know if they are controllable or not, but if they are, it will be via the Corsair link connection and software. Not the motherboard or any third party app.

Time to review the setup guide and User Manual.

#4 ·
Speedfan can only monitor fans with three or four wires that plug directly into the motherboard. The fourth wire is pwm, which speedfan can use to modulate the speed of the fan. It will not control or monitor these, or any fans that plug directly into the PSU.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.