1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer running really slow and freezing with programs messed up

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by KyleG288, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyleG288

KyleG288 Thread Starter

Recently my computer started running really slow for some reason. When I would startup everything would be in literally slow motion. Aim would freeze up and so would the whole computer and I would have to wait 5 minutes for it to unfreeze and load everything else. Then it at sometimes it would run really laggy and it would be impossible to do anything. I would have a hard time logging into MSN messenger and AIM because they freeze up and have to exit. One of my games stopped working for some reason because its missing a file. I use firefox but internet explorer stopped working too along with a few others. Pretty much any program I run will stop responding once in a while or just not open at all.

I do have AVG and I think my bro ran a virus scan after he downloaded it and got rid of what it found but that did nothing. I used hijackthis and used the online analyzers but that didn't do anything either. I tried using ComboFix but it doesn't work on Vista I think because I cannot get it to open.

So if someone can plz help and tell me what steps to take to fix this that would be great.

Attached Files:

2. KyleG288

KyleG288 Thread Starter

anyone?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/785686

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice