computer running slow.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bunnysneak

windows xp running very slowly, can someone help me with removing virus, spyware, adware, etc.

Is it an older, model? It would help a great deal if you could begin by making a list of your computers specs.

Howdy bunnysneak,
Can you give us a list of the programmes you run on your computer, operating system and rough age/size of computer? There are a number of programmes that can help but we need to know what you have already.
Regards Paula
PS You also might need to streamline your startup menu...too many items in startup can slow your computer down too. :)

bunnysneak

System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Media Center Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Hewlett-Packard Company
Compaq Presario
AMD Athlon 64 Processor
3500+
2.20 GHz, 960 MB of RAM

again, i'm not quite sure if this is all the information i need to tell, i got this computer roughly a few years ago, and have not done much cleanup on a regular basis.

(y) Two key words, "clean up" so clean it up with a defrag, have you ever done one before? or am I off base here. If not then go ahead with your defrag and come back here.

blues_harp28

Hi what Anti-virus and Spyware programs do you have installed??
Check link below for suggestions on Pc Maintenance.

http://computercleanup.blogspot.com/
List includes..
Scan For Viruses.
Scan for Spyware.
Microsoft updates.
-----------------------------------
Disk Cleanup.
Check Hard Drive for Errors.
Defragment Your Hard Drive.
-------------------------------------
Registry Cleanup is in their list but
Cleaning the registry may cause you more problem than you started with..
so it would be best to skip that one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online