1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer running slow

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by willtodie, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willtodie

willtodie Thread Starter

i just got back my computer from the hp people (my screen wouldnt load, and then the wireless will work on and off) and according to the HP people they said that its my RAM, that because they installed the service pack and i only got 512 RAM, but my question is, why is it that before it'd work just fine, now it takes forever to load, and i can only run one program at once. any ideas? thanks in advance

2. crazlunatic

crazlunatic

I'm not even sure why you have Vista on there, or why HP installed Vista on a laptop with 512MB in the first place.

SP1 is supposed to make the computer more responsive...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757087

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice