1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer running slow

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by billiejean, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billiejean

billiejean Thread Starter

Ok so a friend sent me a link on facebook and when I clicked on it I opened a virus. Now I can't seem to get rid of it. I can't afford to take it to someone. Please help. I am running the free version of Avast and it finds them and I delete but it just keeps finding them. I can't update some things. And when I start up my computer I get this error message that says RUNDLL Error loading c:/windows/system 32/zivohoji.dll The specific module could not be found.

2. billiejean

billiejean Thread Starter

I got this computer from my sister and it had or has a virus and it runs so very slow. I don't feel like I have alot of programs or big programs on here but after I have cleaned it up it still runs really slow. I delete cookies, I clear history, I run the disk cleaner and I defrag. I have gotten rid of any programs that we don't use but I just don't know how to clean it up properly and I'm not sure as to what not to delete and what to delete. Please help me get this computer running top speed again.

3. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Hi, Welcome to TSG!!

Click here to download HJTInstall.exe
    • Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
    • Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
    • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
    • Click on Install.
    • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
    • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
    • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
    • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
    • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
    • DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916310

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice