Computer runs badly, seemingly choppy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

FreemoX

Hello, first post here, so sorry if it's posted in the wrong category.

My computer is self built. It was dead for 4 years (It just died when I left it on over night one time), but I recently got it to work. The GPU had gone bad, producing lines in the images, but I have a spare one I'm using now)

Whenever I start the computer, it runs choppy (Nothing with the screen to do at all, the overall loading takes long at times), especially when I switch tasks (Changing tabs in chrome, switching focus to explorer (Not IE), and similar tasks. Anything that requires the computer to load something, takes a while when I recently switched to that task.

The HDDs I got in the computer is rather old ones, 3-6 years old (I have a box full of HDDs) but I don't really think it's those, since gaming goes fine (Runs choppy for a minute or two, then it returns to normal), and loading a website sometimes takes a while (I believe chrome simply caches websites on the RAM and not the HDD, but I might be wrong about this...)

Overall, the computer seems choppy, but usable. I'm posting this on the troubled computer.

Specs: (Links to the product attached. Only official ones, so don't worry)

PSU - CoolerMaster GX750W Bronze
MoBo - Asus M5A99X
CPU - AMD FX 8150 Black Edition
RAM - Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 4x4gb
HDDs - Two old Seagate HDDs. One is a 500gb 3.5" and the other (Windows boot) is 160gb 2.5".
GPU - Nvidia Geforce GT 430
OS - Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Full computer specs from CPUID-CPU-Z (Text format)

Last edited:

etaf

Wayne
this is a family friendly site - please do not use profanity here

I have edited your post

FreemoX

this is a family friendly site - please do not use profanity here

I have edited your post
Ah, sorry about that, I got a bit liberal back there. Just a bit frustrated about the situation.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online