1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Runs Slowly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zb2k, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zb2k

Zb2k Thread Starter

Ever since I changed the fan on my video card my computer runs slower. At first, I was getting even hotter readings on my video card than with my old card. Now, I leave the computer next to an open window and get reasonable temperatures, but my computer still runs slower. This all happened after I replaced the fan. Anyone know why?

2. mshabsovich

mshabsovich

the fan may not be rated for that video card. what kind of video card do you have? what kind of fan did you buy? is it copper? copper fans are way better because they are more conductive. did you use the thermal grease when you installed the fan?

3. Zb2k

Zb2k Thread Starter

I had a proffessional install the fan and yes he did use thermal grease. I know my card is compatible with my card, I checked the list. Here is the fan: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118001 , I have 6800 GT

Also, I just become aware that one of the fans on my power supply broke. Is it possible that it could have damaged the other hardware even though its still functional, I'm using it right now.

4. mshabsovich

mshabsovich

do u have another video card? try it out. if it works fine then there is something wrong with ur original video card. a broken fan in a power supply is not good. that could also be the source of your problem. i had a similar problem. my cpu over heated and my pc ran unbelievably slow. i then upgraded to a better heatsink/fan unit and it was back.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538648

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice