1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer screaming

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dodonator505, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dodonator505

dodonator505 Thread Starter

hello

I am new here and I have a problem with my computer(Windows Vista).Every time I play some game that takes more than some space in hard disk(like minecraft),computer starts screaming with a very wierd sound.If I don`t shut down the game it will shut down the computer:confused:.If you have any idea how to solve it,please help.

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can then update your Computer Spec Profile with this info.
    Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

3. dodonator505

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+, x64 Family 15 Model 107 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 1789 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 151997 MB, Free - 18577 MB; D: Total - 153244 MB, Free - 109291 MB;
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., GA-MA78GM-S2H
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free, Updated and Enabled

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Could that weird noise be the cpu fan speeding up ? That would tie in to the computer shutting down, because if the computer senses excessive heat, it will shutdown itself.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  6. dodonator505

I downloaded it and it works.How to get a screenshot of data.

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  8. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    Once you get this problem figured out with the help of Rob, you should get your Vista up to date as you are missing a lot of Updates including SP2.

9. dodonator505

This is when idle

Attached Files:

10. dodonator505

this is with anoying sound

Attached Files:

11. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    TPIN1 and TPIN2 are both high if accurate. CPU temp is fine at idle, bit high when gaming but the CPU fan speed doesn't appear to have increased.

Maybe we should see the results from Gigabyte's Easytune as well: http://ca.gigabyte.com/MicroSite/121/tech_20041125_px_et5.htm

It should list temps and fan speeds as well. It may also show different fan speeds.

Open up the case and see if you can pinpoint where the sound is coming from. Do you have any additional fans or a hardware fan control that the fans connect too? Do you have a fan on your motherboard aide from the big one on the CPU?

12. dodonator505

What are thoes fans that you are talking about

13. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Your computer has several fans for cooling, if you open up the case you should see them and you should be able to see which one speeds up when the noise begins.

14. dodonator505

Sound is coming from a little thing at right bottom corner of motherboard.When noise begins,I haven t seen any fan speeding up

15. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Is it the motherboard speaker?

In the BIOS do you have an alarm enabled under the Health section for a certain temp? I bet when the CPU hits it the alarm sounds.

Is the CPU fan/heatsink dirty? Does the case need a cleaning? The CPU temp is likely the cause.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082709

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice