Computer Screen Black/Blank - Hang Up at Mup.sys

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

reeling

My computer hanged up, I ran safe mode and found out it froze at agp440.sys. I used the recovery console to disable that, but now it hangs at Mup.sys.

I tried doing a chkdisk, but I am confused as what exactly to type?

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/.../proddocs/en-us/bootcons_chkdsk.mspx?mfr=true

So what I type in recovery console is exactly:

chkdsk[C:][/p][/r]

But it says the command is not recognized? Can somebody please tell me how to fix what I wrote? When I type chkdsk it just tells me the status but I need it to run the chkdsk and recover errors. Thank you so much in advance!!!!

Hi!

To run Checkdisk, use the following command:
chkdsk /r
*there is only on space, it's between "chkdsk" and "/r"

To run it on a specific drive (in this example,drive c):
chkdsk c: /r
BTW, sometimes safe mode can take a very long time to load (up to 10 minutes) and only seems to hang at a certain point.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts