1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Screen messed up

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by X24, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. X24

X24 Thread Starter

Jul 30, 2010
    My Hp Computer "IQ775" is acting differently than before because everytime i start up my computer, the screen shows these colored lines in front of the screen but the computer is still running. I can still hear the Windows welcoming sound and my keyboard seems to work as well but my computer screen is covered with weird colored lines that i cant seem to get rid of. My computer was working fine the last 2 months intill now. It wont allow me to system restore or anything else.

On the Side note- my computer is somwhat broken because i have to turn on and off the computer every 3 times just to get the hp screen on and working. Is there a way to fix this as well? I havn't tried to do anything yet because i might break it even more.
  2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Mar 23, 2005
    I would say check the monitor cable, but that's an all-in-one PC and there is no monitor cable, right?

Sounds to me that the screen needs to be replaced, but suggest you contact HP to see what they have to say.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/939578