Computer screen shuts down only when playing games

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cizzle

Here's a youtube link about what actually happens:
And here's what I've tried
- Restart CMOS
- Check and clean both the ram slots and the ram
- Let the GPU be outside the pc for a while
- Check temps in GPU-z (all normal for the CPU and GPU)
- Reinstalled drivers and updated them
- Replace the PSU (So all the wires that go with it)
- Check displays with other computers (they're fine)

This problem started a month ago but it was only once every 8 hours and I don't know what I could've done to cause this and then on September 25th when this problem suddenly got to the point where I couldn't even play any games for longer then 10 minutes and I don't know if this somehow correlates to the problem but on September 24th I downloaded Watch Dogs 2 (also my computer won't restart, it would load the restart screen turn off the computer will still be on but it won't turn back on)

Any help and suggestions that are not listed are much appreciated! hopefully, I can find a fix before I have to go and pay a $90 "Labor Cost"

Specs (if that helps):
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19041, Installed 20200928082317.000000-240
Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 2300X Quad-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 8 Stepping 2, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) RX 560 Series
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (376 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0, s/n M80-C4008200208
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Last edited:

crjdriver

Is this one of the "gaming systems" sold by a number of places? I ask because the specs are pretty much exactly like a system I worked on a while ago; low end/entry level motherboard, entry level processor, and a decent video card.

Have you checked your temps and voltages; specifically cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values? If not, do so. Asrock usually has monitoring software available on the support page called A-tuning. Use that if possible to monitor temps and voltages. Post the output twice. Once under a normal load and again while running a stress test. Use one of the following for the stress test; prime95, OCCT, or Realbench [all free downloads]

Cizzle

Is this one of the "gaming systems" sold by a number of places? I ask because the specs are pretty much exactly like a system I worked on a while ago; low end/entry level motherboard, entry level processor, and a decent video card.

Have you checked your temps and voltages; specifically cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values? If not, do so. Asrock usually has monitoring software available on the support page called A-tuning. Use that if possible to monitor temps and voltages. Post the output twice. Once under a normal load and again while running a stress test. Use one of the following for the stress test; prime95, OCCT, or Realbench [all free downloads]
Ok thanks I will try that and yes it's a low-end prebuilt since best buy took it down from their listing this is one that is mostly similar with mine https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberp...b-hdd-240gb-ssd-black/6362425.p?skuId=6362425

crjdriver

I have a reasonable amount of experience with these so called "Gaming" systems. Almost always they come with a low end motherboard, a low end pw supply, a case with a lot of lights, and [usually] a decent video card.

A quality gaming system starts with a performance motherboard ie high end asus, gigabyte, or asrock, a high end pw supply ie seasonic or similar, a case with good airflow to facilitate cooling. There is more to a gaming system than simply installing a video card [which is what the low end gaming systems do]
A well thought out/designed gaming system is going to be $1500 or so and go up from there depending on what video card, amount of memory, etc.

Cizzle

when I try finding the tuning software on the asrock website it seems like it doesn't support my motherboard because when I go to another motherboard then go to support there's a download for asrock tuning but when I go to my specific motherboard the download is not there https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/A320M-HDV R4.0/index.asp#Download

crjdriver

I see that. The manual for your board shows A-tuning and on page 38 of the online manual, it shows you how to install ie you need to install the app shop first then install from there.

Cizzle

I see that. The manual for your board shows A-tuning and on page 38 of the online manual, it shows you how to install ie you need to install the app shop first then install from there.
Downloaded app shop like the manual told me to and updated everything in "BIOS & Drivers" but I still can't see A-tuning or does it mean MotherboardUtility?

Attachments

crjdriver

That may be it; give that a try and see. You can always uninstall if that is not the monitoring software.

Cizzle

So after I did a stress test under RealBench the results of the voltages were that for 12v it would never go over 12.25V for 5V: around 5.1V for 3.3V: Around 3.4V and for Vcore voltage it would be around 1.5V and I don't get what you mean when you say "post the output twice" and "once under nor

P.S. sorry I edited my post without thinking I would have to go through the approval process

Cizzle

Sorry just pinging you cause I didnt know editing my post would make it have to go back to it getting approved

crjdriver

Post the output twice ie you post a screenshot of A-tuning under a normal load AND you post another screenshot of A-tuning while running the stress test. You need to let the stress test run for at least 2min before taking the screenshot. This is so temps and voltages have a chance to stabilize.

crjdriver

In addition to the above you should also test your memory. Use memtest https://www.memtest.org/
Make the bootable usb and run memtest for at least 1hr. If you do not have any errors, then your memory is most likely fine.

Cizzle

In addition to the above you should also test your memory. Use memtest https://www.memtest.org/
Make the bootable usb and run memtest for at least 1hr. If you do not have any errors, then your memory is most likely fine.
So far I’ve done the first pass without errors (I did this on memtest86 without the + but I think it’s the same)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online