1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Screen to Television

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vene, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Vene

Vene Thread Starter

Hi everyone. I want to use my television to be able to view my computer as another screen. From what I've read so far, I understand I could use an S-Video cable, but that it won't look very good. I'd gotten the following information from another website, and what I want to know is what cable can I use to plug into the VGA port, and connect it to the television:

"To get a real desktop on your TV, you'll need an HD connection-HDMI, DVI, VGA or component. It all depends on what connectors your TV and PC have. If you have a VGA connector on your PC, you're all set. Just hook-up to your regular VGA portor install an A/B switch so you can switch between your TV and monitor. Or add a VGA splitter so you can use both at the same time. If your computer has a Video card, then you probably have more flexibility. If not, then you can add a video card with more connectors."

Thnx!

2. mowersman

mowersman

what tv have you got and what connectors does it have

3. Vene

Vene Thread Starter

For the tv, I have an HDTV RCA with S-Video. I'm not sure what it's called but there is the three colored ports of yellow, red, and white.

4. mowersman

mowersman

could you post a pic of the back of your computer
    thanks

5. Vene

Vene Thread Starter

Sure, it'll take me a few minutes.

6. Vene

Vene Thread Starter

[​IMG]

Back side.

[​IMG]

Left back side.

[​IMG]

Right side.

[​IMG]

Computer.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645238

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice