1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer seems fine, but the ethernet input doesn't work?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MitzyMay, Sep 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MitzyMay

MitzyMay Thread Starter

Hi there, thanks in advance.

I've had this computer a few months and so far it works great. Then today I turn it on and try to go on the internet and it says I have no connection. Tried plugging and unplugging the cable, wiggled it around, tried to connect it with a different cable and I still have no internet. The cable is in, it tells me there is a local area connection and all, but when I go to properties there is not IP, etc etc.

I have it on a network, if that helps, and none of the others have this problems. The computer prints to a shared printer attached to another computer on my network, so I tried to print something to see if that was still working, but it says it can't due to an unknown error.

Is there a fix for this?

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

You might try cycling the modem and router.
    Unplug the power from the back of the router and modem for 10 seconds.
    Plug the router back in and let it boot up,then do the same with the modem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/747504

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice