1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer seems to be running everything from recovery drive (H:)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bidwell, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bidwell

Bidwell Thread Starter

Note: I'm barely skimming the surface of knowing what I'm talking about here, so feel free to ignore any misused terms and such.

Like the title says, my mom's computer seems to be running everything from her recovery partition drive. I tried to install a program that came with her digital camera for her, and it suggested the H: file path. (It had done this with Quicktime also, which she apparently needed installed before the other program would work.)
    I poked around a bit, and all of her documents are being saved to the H drive too. It has her user profile set up under it. I'm guessing that's the reason it's doing all of this. How can I get her profile set under C: like normal?

Thanks for any help. In return I will vaguely mention your assistance after fixing it while keeping most of the credit to myself.

2. telegramsam

telegramsam

HAHA!! No credit needed!

Go into your control panel, administrative tools, disk management.

Look at what the drives are named ie..."c" "d", etc...Post back what the drive letters are and what they're called and we'll see what's going on...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536420

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice