1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer shut down

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by charliwest, Jan 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. charliwest

charliwest Thread Starter

Hi,
    I am having trouble with my computer. I have already posted a couple of threads thinking i new what was wrong but neither seem to be the cause of the problem.

My computer is having problems staying on! It happens pretty much whenever it feels like it. I have recently upgraded to Windows XP and the problem has started since then, although before that I had trouble getting 98 SE to start up. THese problems all started since i brought a new graphics card. I did try using a different card with 98 but this didn't seem to help.

I also get a message saying that i don't have enough memory to run some apllications, for example aol says that i don't have enough memory to show the intro screen properly and should close some windows, although I have no other windows open?!

Is it possible that a conflict between my graphics card and another piece of hardware is causing the problem and i was unlucky enough to get another card that had the same conflict?

Please help as this is driving me mad, and i can't stay on line long enough to install any up dates.

2. supertech

supertech

did you have onboard video before you put the video card if so did you disable it.:D :D :D :D :D :D

3. charliwest

charliwest Thread Starter

no i had an ati card.

4. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi charliewest,
    Can you give a little info about your PC. Memory, Hard Drive capacity, Etc. Also look in start, run, type msconfig
    Click on startup tab. Look and post what is listed there with check marks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65394

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice