Computer shut down

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

charliwest

Hi,
I am having trouble with my computer. I have already posted a couple of threads thinking i new what was wrong but neither seem to be the cause of the problem.

My computer is having problems staying on! It happens pretty much whenever it feels like it. I have recently upgraded to Windows XP and the problem has started since then, although before that I had trouble getting 98 SE to start up. THese problems all started since i brought a new graphics card. I did try using a different card with 98 but this didn't seem to help.

I also get a message saying that i don't have enough memory to run some apllications, for example aol says that i don't have enough memory to show the intro screen properly and should close some windows, although I have no other windows open?!

Is it possible that a conflict between my graphics card and another piece of hardware is causing the problem and i was unlucky enough to get another card that had the same conflict?

Please help as this is driving me mad, and i can't stay on line long enough to install any up dates.

Hi charliewest,
Can you give a little info about your PC. Memory, Hard Drive capacity, Etc. Also look in start, run, type msconfig
Click on startup tab. Look and post what is listed there with check marks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.