Computer shutdown abnormally

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Noviceboy

My computer suddenly shutdown by itself and when i press the "turn on" button, my computer won't turn on! but after 10-15 minutes, i can turn it on again. why does this happening? :confused:

sorry for my bad english.. :p

Could be the fan is not working prperly and the machine is overheating, check to see if the fan switches on when the machine boots up.

bonk

Banned
If not under warranty....clean it out of dust using a can of air or a pure bristle brush

Also take the side off and blow a fan in and see how it runs

How long would you say it runs, before the shutdown, any particular program/game you are using when it does this, does it shut down just sitting there?

Noviceboy

as i say it will shutdown after 10-15 minutes, and yes, i think my computer will shut down just by sitting there. i think my computer is very overheated.. is there any programs that will help me?

bonk

Banned
No programs that can help you only ones that can tell you how hot things are.....such as this one

SpeedFan

Noviceboy

just downloaded it... well, it's helping me a lot
and is there any other solution besides cleaning the dust ?

bonk

Banned
How old is the PC and has it been cleaned out before?

First clean out the dust....as it does't cost anything just a bit of time and then we can rule out dust as the cause for overheating....

Noviceboy

i think the thing that causing my computer to shutdown abnormally is my HD...... is there any HD-cooling fan?

bonk

Banned
not really.....how do you know it might be the HDD....is it making excessive noise

Noviceboy

my friends say that my computer reboots by itself because i'm lacking of power supply. is it possible?

That would have been my first choice...shuits down because of inadequate power then recycles and is able to boot up for a while. You need a better new power supply.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online