computer shutdown

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

czest568

:(
hELP!

My brother's PC DELL P2 shutdown 5 - 10 sec. during start up....not much time to even enter the CMOS set-up' tried using other PSU, other processor, reseat RAM,check cable connections...even formating the hardisk but still won't Start.

Got an answer to this?

Share please!

So it won't start?
Sorry, maybe I can't read today.

Exact problem would be nice, does it start and reboot? Lock up?

czest568

it would only start for just about 5-10 seconds and shuts down.....don't know what's wrong.. i tried to reseat the video card and sound card to no availl... even tried to change the CMOS battery but still the same..what else is there to do? :confused:

Unhook everything but the cpu, psu, ram, and video card. Does it post okay or still shut itself off?

Try clearing the cmos via jumper pin or taking out the battery for 30 min or change battery

czest568

i've tried swapping another RAM, it doesn't turn off but there's no display on the monitor... what else should i do? i've already tried using another battery..

Perhaps your heatsink / fan is not securely mounted to your CPU thus
after about 5-10 seconds it is overheating and shutting off to prevent damage to itself.

is the heatsink clean of all the dustbunnies that gather up in there ??

czest568

YEAH ITS CLEAN.....STILL SHUTDOWN' anything else? i tried refreshing memory card, sound card,video card but i still have the same problem....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online