1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer shuts applications

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ruchi857, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ruchi857

ruchi857 Thread Starter

I am facing a strange problem since yesterday..

The issue is that if I open a word doc, firstly I can't use my cursor to click(double click)/select anything. I have to use the left and right click buttons on the laptop panel to be able to select anything.

Also, if I open a MS word doc. In few minutes, it closes on its own and I get a message if I want to save any of the other docs (temp docs ) or I wanna view them later. If I write something in the MS word doc, in a few seconds, I see the doc going haywire and all the recent words getting repeated for 3-4 pages as if there is a virus sort of a thing.

If I open My documents folder. I can't select anything in the folder. As the upper panel of the window which shows My Documents on it, keeps flashing and again like a virus situation where it hangs and the top panel just keeps going haywire

Similarily, If I am reading a pdf doc, in matter of 5 minutes, the right panel opens, left goes haywire... It just goes out of control and I cant click anywhere and again sort of virus attack sort of situation.

Any idea what this might be because my anti virus software Mc Affe doesn't show anything about scanned files to me.. So I am wondering what this might be... I had got my comp defragmented 6 months back and this comp must be 6-7 yrs old but not used as often as I am now in the last six months...

Rest doesnt hang when I am using Internet explorer etc.

Looking forward for any ideas

2. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Have you checked your keyboard? It sounds like you have some stuck keys or just a faulty keyboard. Do you have a another computer you can swap keyboard with?

You can also try Keyboard test and see if any keys appear to be pressed down when they are not: http://www.passmark.com/products/keytest.htm (Just use the free trial, you don't have to buy it)

3. ruchi857

ruchi857 Thread Starter

Thanks for your rely Triple6!. I tried that test and nothing seems to be wrong.

Now, the latest is that whenever this flickering and fluttering on the screen happens, I am press shift or control button and it stops??!

And every few seconds there is this scratchpad which opens up with some java script written on it for 4 odd sentences and all I do is close that dialog box every time. This is in conjugation with the recent problems of applications shutting down which has started.

Same with MS word, the last written words keep repeating and the doc closes on its own. I am seeing Internet explorer also sometimes closing on it's own. Like it did few times in morning.

Still no solution. So may be this new info helps someone to give me an answer. Could it be just a new kind of virus and my anti virus is no good for it?

4. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

I still think you should try another keyboard.

It could be a virus, but this is generally not the behaviour most new malware causes.

5. ruchi857

ruchi857 Thread Starter

Hey there..

I guess what you were saying was right triple6..

I have got my keypad and a chip on the mother board replaced because only putting the new keypad was not all that helped. Seems this chip was busted also and the keypad chip also was not working with just the new chip only.

Rt now all seems fine.

Thanks!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1063549