computer shuts down after error message

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ima_princess

Lately my computer randomly pops up with this message " The system process C:\\ windows/system32/lsass.ese 1073741819 terminated unexpectedly" and the computer continues to shut down. What could be the cause of this?

I had to fix a similar problem on a neighbor's computer. It sounds liek the Sasser worm that attacks lsass.exe. When the computer shuts down you are given (I believe) about 60 seconds before ti shuts down.

If this sounds about right, then it probably is the Sasser worm. Which version of Windows are you using?

I will try to help you to the best of my ability.

Take care.

ima_princess

After some research and after your comment I do believe I have sasser worm my computer has all the "symptoms". How do I go about getting rid of this problem?

ima_princess

I tried the link you provided I ran the malicous tool remover off the websight and it seemed like it didnt respond so I downloaded the tool to my computer. The tool I downloaded did not find anything but It may have erased something the first time I tried it so only time will tell if my problem is fixed I thank you very much for your help. At least now I know what I'm up against.

This is your second thread on this issue. It's a no no on TSG.
Read the other one also as there are more responses since you left. You may have smashed the bug with the MS tool?
If not have your 2 threads combind and moved to Security by a Moderator/Admin. Just click on the red triangle at the top right of your post and reguest it.
Good Luck and I hope you got it disinfected.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online