Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer Shuts Down Unexpectedly

1K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  lynx1021 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm new here and this will be my first post on here. I'm sorry if I have started this post in a wrong thread. I'm unsure of where it should go. Anyways, I'm not a tech expert so that's why I here. I will try my best to describe my problem tho.

First of all, I have been having this problem since last week. The problem is that it just auto shut down on me without any warning.

I thought it was because its overheating/the cpu reached it limits hence why it auto shut, but thats probably not the case.

And since that happened I just thought to myself that I should just reinstall windows. Haha. I thought that would solve my problem. But it didn't.

This crash problem occured when I opened game. I also realised that it happen as well when I browse the internet using firefox. Like after I opened it for a few minutes it then shut down.

However, if I'm not opening anything else and just at the desktop and only transferring files for hours, the crash never happen unlike after I rebooted, went to firefox, then googling stuff and then poof, it crashed. I also checked the cpu too, but its not overworking itself. Its just chilling.... Oh, and I checked it from task manager.

I already tried uninstalling the nvidia drivers and went to surf the internet afterward. No crashes at all. I could watch youtube as well without having it crash on me. But when I reinstalled the driver back. It happened again.

So... I don't know really what to do. I already made sure that I've installed the correct driver, but then again I might be wrong. So... If someone can point me to the right direction to solve this problem... Preferably step by step I would be really grateful.

Thanks for reading this and also sorry for my english if there's something wrong with it. Thank you for taking your time to read this. Have a nice day guys. ^^

See less See more
#3 ·
About that... I'm not sure how to check it. If you can help guide me to look for it that would be great. I only know the brand and ram. Its a HP Elitebook 8440p and comes with 4gb ram.

And I checked if theres option to move this post to other thread, but I didnt seem to find any. Maybe I missed it since Im on phone. I hope its okay tho.

#5 ·
I ran it and here it goes Grey.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 520 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3951 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA NVS 3100M, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 232 GB (172 GB Free);
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 172B
Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

I have reinstalled the nvidia driver once again and at this very moment it hasn't decided to crash on me yet which is... weird since I'm using browser now. Maybe not yet I don't know. If anything please help me. I really appreciate it. ^^

#9 ·
I didn't do much. Other than observing and changing the place where I usually plug my charger in. Oh, I did download speccy tho. I read hwmonitor is good but last time I tried it, I have no idea how to read it. Anyways, from looking at summary it seemed that my motherboard and graphic card get hot from time to time. Like when it's idle the temperature already reach somewhere around 45-55 and then get higher until 61+. From there if I open browser it can get until 81 and above. If that thing is accurate then I guess that could be the problem? And if so, how do I overcome it?

#11 ·
I see. I really don't want to bring it to repair shop cause it will cost a lot. I'll have to wait until some other time when I have money to spare since I'm kinda tight on budget now.

If its like you say then, how long will it takes before the motherboard will completely stop functioning?

Yes, hopefully someone who knows more regarding this can give a few words/advices. Thank you for the help Grey. ^^

#15 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.